GoDaddy is the world’s largest services platform for entrepreneurs around the globe. We’re on a mission to empower our worldwide community of 20+ million customers — and entrepreneurs everywhere — by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online.
More information can be found: https://www.godaddy.com/
For a webpage created in Gevme, instead of showing www.gevme.com, you may wish to use your own domain instead. This can be easily configured in Gevme in just a few steps.
In this example, we will share how you can connect your preferred domain to this Gevme's website from the domain provider - Godaddy.
1. Purchase a domain from GoDaddy. You may check for price and details here
2. Within GoDaddy Dashboard, create a CNAME record and point it to: custom-virtual.gevme.com following the steps here (Ref: https://in.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236).
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio.
- Go to the domain that you wish to use on Gevme, click on Edit DNS
- Select Add to add a new record.
- Select CNAME from the Type menu options.
- Enter the details for your new CNAME record:
- Name: Any preferred content to identify this set-up
- Value: Insert custom-virtual.gevme.com
- TTL: 0.5 hour
- Select Add Record to save your new CNAME record.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
[Gevme] Connect custom domain
1. Access Gevme Dashboard - https://admin.gevme.com/
2. Go to Website / Settings / General
3. Enter your domain name in the blank
Do note that you only have 2 attempts.
Press Connect Domain Now when you’re done, and wait for 24 hours for the changes to reflect.