Q: I want to understand the email template, what is the difference between Order/Registration email and Order Order Acknowledgement Template?
If my event is a free registration-only event, I want to send out two types of email:
1. Registration Acknowledgement: We acknowledge their registration, but it is not a confirmation email
2. Registration Confirmation: We confirm their registration
How do we achieve this?
A: "Order/Registration Confirmation Template" to send confirmation emails whenever a person successfully complete a registration to an event.
- If the event is free, they will automatically receive this email when they register by successfully submitting the Registration Form.
- If the event is paid event - tickets with price, once the attendee makes the payment successfully, they will receive this email as well.
"Order Acknowledgement Template" is applicable for paid event / events with tickets. This is sent to registrant who registers but has not be made payment.
Further information can be found in this article: https://support.gevme.com/support/solutions/articles/36000058402-email-templates
For the flow as you refer to, you can consider the following method:
1. Registration Acknowledgement
We can change the content of "Order/Registration Confirmation Template" to reflect the information that this is an acknowledgement email.
- This email will be automatically sent to registrants every time they register to the event.
2. Registration Confirmation
- Create a new email template, name it Registration Confirmation email.
- Manually send the confirmation email to those who are eligible to join your event.