Once you are done setting up your campaign (for detailed information on how to setup your campaign, see the article Setting Up Your Campaign), you can either send it instantly or schedule it to be sent on a specific date and time.
Sending Your Campaign Now
To send your campaign instantly:
1. Choose Send now as the option under Send/Schedule Settings.
2. Click on the Send now button in the top right hand corner of your screen.
3. Be careful, your campaign will be sent on the spot!
Scheduling your campaign to be sent on a specific date and time
There are a few options for scheduling your campaign.
Schedule for a specific date and time
This setting allows you to choose the exact date and time on which you want your campaign to be sent out. To schedule your campaign to be sent on a specific date and time:
(1) Choose Schedule for a specific date and time as the option under Send/Schedule Settings.
(2) Click on the Schedule button in the top right hand corner of your screen.
Based on a milestone
This is a bit of a smarter setting and will send your campaign based on the following key milestones:
- Your event start date.
- Your event end date.
- The sale start date of any of your tickets.
For example you could schedule your campaign to be sent 1 week before your ticket Early Bird starts selling.
To schedule your campaign to be sent based on a milestone:
1. Choose Based on a milestone as the option under Send/Schedule Settings.
2. Configure the parameters accordingly. For example, to schedule your campaign to be sent 1 week before your ticket Early Bird starts selling, the settings would be as follows:
Note that the absolute date and time at which your campaign will be sent will be displayed in the grey box, as shown in the screenshot above.
3. Click on the Schedule button in the top right hand corner of your screen.
Based on another campaign
This setting is similar to the "Based on a milestone" setting above, except that in this case, the milestone is the sending of another campaign.
For example, you could schedule one of your campaigns called "Invitation Blast 2" to be sent one week after another of your campaign called "Invitation Blast 1" campaign.
To schedule your campaign to be sent based on another campaign:
Choose Based on another campaign as the option under Send/Schedule Settings.
Once Your Campaign is Scheduled
Once your campaign is scheduled, it will appear under the Active Campaigns tab on the Campaigns landing page. It will be tagged Scheduled with the date at which it's scheduled to be sent displayed as well:
The icons on the right allow you to perform the following actions on the scheduled campaign:
Clicking this will open up the campaign in a popup for you to view it.
Clicking this will open the campaign in the campaign creator screen, with all the campaign settings etc. However, please note that because the campaign is already scheduled to be sent, you won't be able to edit its details and information.
Clicking this will duplicate the scheduled campaign. The duplicated campaign created will be in draft mode.
Clicking this will delete the scheduled campaign.
5. More info arrow
Click the More info arrow to show more details about the campaign, like the recipient list(s) and the exact date and time on which the campaign is scheduled to be sent.